There are two ways of installing LucidWorks Enterprise:
- You can run the installer in graphical mode, which guides you through a series of dialog boxes, then installs and configures the software.
- You can run the installer in console mode, which limits the installer's interface to the command line. If you do not have access to the graphical user interface of the system you are installing the software on, run the installer in console mode.
For Linux and Mac systems, the install file is called lucidworks-enterprise-installer-2.0.jar.
For Windows systems, the install file is called lucidworks-enterprise-installer-2.0.exe. On Windows, the installer should be run with Administrator privileges to ensure proper installation.
You must have Java 1.6 or higher (JRE or JDK) installed and in your path before you install LucidWorks Enterprise.
Supported Operating Systems:
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003
- Linux-based operating systems with a 2.4 kernel or later
- Mac OS X 10.5+
- CentOS v.5.0+
Apache Solr runs in a Java servlet container. The LucidWorks Enterprise automatically installs and configures Jetty, an open source Java servlet container. You do not need to take any extra steps to configure a servlet container for LucidWorks Enterprise.
- Minimum: 2GB RAM
- Recommended for 100,000 to 1,000,000 documents: 4GB-8GB RAM, 2GHz dual-core CPU
- Recommended for greater than 1,000,000 documents: 8GB-16GB RAM, 2.4GHz dual-core CPU
- Depends on the size and number of documents to be indexed. Contact Lucid Imagination for assistance in determining the disk space needed for your implementation.